Entresto a medicament intended for the prevention and effective treatment of pathologies of the cardiovascular system. It reduces the percentage of deaths in patients with myocardial infarction and ischemic stroke.
Entresto is produced by the pharmaceutical company Novartis Pharms Corp. Industrial enterprises are located in the territory of the EU countries. In particular, in Poland and the Eastern regions of Germany.
Treatment of patients
Entresto tablets are indicated for the systematic treatment of people of all age groups who have been diagnosed with cardiovascular diseases. The drug can also be used as a preventive measure. The decision to prescribe medication to a specific patient is made by the attending cardiologist or therapist based on the clinical picture of the disease.
Instructions for use
It is available in the form of oval-shaped tablets of white and purple hue with a concentration of the active substance of 50 mg, 100 mg, 200 mg. There is no dividing line, the top is covered with a protective shell. One blister contains 14 tablets.
Part Vymada (Entresto) includes cubital and valsartan.
The drug refers to the antagonists of the receptor angiotensin.
During multiple clinical trials, the therapeutic effect of the active components of Entresto-sacubitril and valsartan was expressed in the form of a decrease in the ejection fraction of the left ventricle of the heart, and a short-term increase in natriuresis. Also, there was a decrease in the natriuretic peptide. Any effect on the repolarization of the heart was observed.
After oral use of the Entresto tablet, a chemical reaction occurs between the active components, as a result of which valsartan and sacubitril breakdown, and then form a new substance — the metabolite LBQ657. Its maximum concentration in the blood plasma is reached after 30 minutes. If you can not order Entresto, you can use its analog Aceon, Hydrochlorothiazide.
Information about the main active substance
Sacubitril and valsartan are chemical compounds that provide active stimulation of the heart. Especially effective in heart failure. Improve the release of blood from the ventricles into the aortic cavity.
Indications for use
The medication is prescribed:
- for adults-acute heart failure;
- for children, pregnant women and lactation-used only in extreme cases on the recommendation of a doctor (heart defects, arterial circulation disorders).
It is strictly forbidden to take medicine if the patient is diagnosed with the following pathological conditions of the body:
- allergic reaction to the components included in the product;
- angioneurotic edema;
- pregnancy, breastfeeding, conception planning;
- simultaneous administration of medications for diabetes.
Based on the results of a comprehensive examination, the attending physician can identify other factors that exclude the therapeutic course of Entresto.
Application and doses
It is prescribed by a cardiologist or therapist with mandatory compliance with the following dosage:
- For adults, the maximum daily dose is 200 mg twice a day. Start therapy mainly with 100mg 2 times a day and then look at the dynamics of the disease. Patients who have not been treated with ACE inhibitors, ARA2, initially take 50mg in the morning and evening with a gradual increase in dosage (every 3 weeks it is doubled).
- Entresto therapy should be started no earlier than 36 hours after the last administration of an ACE inhibitor to avoid angioedema.
- Children and teenagers. There is no information about the effect on the child's body, so patients under 18 years of age do not try to prescribe Vymada. In extreme cases, the dosage is selected individually. The same applies to the use of the drug during pregnancy and breastfeeding. They take into account the degree of risks, weighing the potential benefits for the mother, which should be many times higher than the possible complications associated with fetal malformations. Entresto crosses the placental barrier and in breast milk.
- The average duration of the therapeutic course is 3-4 weeks. If necessary, the attending doctor can extend the period.
After oral administration, the following negative reactions may develop from various body systems:
- sharp decrease in blood pressure;
- impaired kidney function;
After adjusting the dosage, most of the side effects go away. If you find at least one negative reaction to the medication, you should stop taking it and consult your doctor.
Interaction with other medicines
Multiple clinical trials involving volunteers have shown that Entresto interacts well with most drugs. There were no negative reactions.
Compatible with alcoholic beverages. But to achieve a positive therapeutic effect, it is not recommended to drink alcohol simultaneously with the treatment of diseases of the cardiovascular system.
The medication should be taken with caution in people who have concomitant diseases such as hypotension, diabetes, and kidney failure. Since the active components of the drug can worsen the symptoms.
If the recommended dosage is exceeded the patient may develop reactions such as:
- strong decrease in blood pressure,
- vomiting, diarrhea,
- delay the excretion of urine.
The drug should be kept in a dark, cool place at a temperature no higher than + 25 degrees Celsius.
If proper storage rules are observed, the drug does not lose its pharmacological properties for 30 months.
Discontinuation of therapy
At the end of the course of treatment, the duration of which is 3-4 weeks, it is not recommended to load the heart muscle with physical labor or sports exercises.
The only analog of Entresto is a medication called Yuperio. It can be used in situations where it is not possible to accept the original Entresto. Yuperio has similar pharmacological properties, improves heart function, prevents the onset of death caused by heart failure, but is not a full-fledged structural substitute.